August 14, 2017
Are you running older phone equipment but still want access to the latest in hosted / cloud solutions, detailed analytics, simplified management, and reporting?
We can help!
Working with legacy equipment is one of our specialities - we're here to work with you regardless of your system's age. Since we've been in business for over 35 years it may not come as a surprise that we likely worked with your phone system while it was still new!
Older phone systems often have limited or non-existent support for the newer connection methods & protocols necessary to connect to hosted / cloud-based solutions. This often means you need additional conversion solutions, equipment, and may make you feel like you are out of luck.
Our solutions work around these issues and allow your older equipment to seamlessly integrate with our state of the art cloud and hosted solutions, giving you access to our powerful trend-monitoring, telecom analytics, telephone management, contact center and E911 reporting solutions with all of the latest features.
Are you considering a phone system upgrade in the future? Genesis solutions can work with your legacy & new equipment and provide you with a seamless system management experience with consistent access to reporting & analytics throughout the migration process. We can even manage and report on both your legacy and new systems in parallel while you transition from one to the other.
Contact Genesis today for more information about cloud / hosted solutions, working with legacy equipment, and solutions bridging your older and newer systems. Our accessible-anywhere Cloud solutions start from $29 / month and include any conversion equipment & tools necessary.
January 21, 2017
We are very excited to announce our Call Accounting Solution for Avaya IP Office is now Avaya Compliant!
Call Accounting for IP office is the last of our Avaya compatible Call Accounting solutions to complete the testing process. Like the other Genesis Call Accounting solutions, it also includes Call Tracking, Telecom Analytics, Traffic Trends, Cradle to Grave Reporting and much more.
Contact our sales department for details at 888-993-2288.
September 12, 2016
Genesis software is extremely flexible and will work with new and legacy telephone systems, as well as many hosted and cloud telephone providers. Genesis also interfaces with any Property Management System, and can run on the same PC. At Genesis, upgrading is a simple process without any hidden costs.
July 6, 2016
Call Accounting has been one of our top sellers over the last 30 years. With the cost of long distance falling and the introduction of VoIP telephony the telecom industry is rapidly evolving and our customers are changing the way they use it.
The functionality of Call Accounting can be so diverse. Whether your customer is a small hotel looking to track long distance calls or a large corporation verifying a phone call for compliance purposes. If your customer needs something we can give them the solution.
For Example: A large corporate office may spend thousands of dollars a month or year in advertising.
By running some basic reports on the sales phone lines based on area codes you can determine where advertising money is best spent. This will help a company more effectively allocate their advertising budget based on actual incoming sales and interest.
Some other examples of how our current customers are using Call Accounting:
- In assisted living homes we have set up an automatic report to generate based on the patients phone history. If there was no activity on the patients phone in the last 12 hours a staff member is sent out to check on the Patient.
- Basic call centers use Call Accounting to run reports on the activity levels. They can determine the staff usage, and take action where needed.
- Cities & Police Offices use our Call Accounting for investigating compliance issues
- Law offices use the software to substantiate the amount of time spent on the phone with or on behalf of a client.
Along with Call Accounting we offer other software solutions that are suited for a diverse group of customers and their very unique requirements.
February 3, 2016
Genesis strongly recommends routine backups of your software’s configuration and data files to avoid downtime and loss of potential revenue. CDs, flash drives, disks, or any other type of removable media can be used. It only takes a minute to perform a backup, but hours or even days to reconfigure your software’s settings!
November 5, 2015
In hotels and motels, the more often a Guest uses your telephone system to make long distance calls, the more money you make.
The rates that Genesis uses for long distance calls are user configurable and can be changed to virtually any rate that you wish to charge for any type of call.
- Advertise the rates that you charge in your lobby and guest rooms. Guests are more likely to use your phone system if they know what the costs will be.
- Check the rates that you are being charged by your long distance provider. Most hotels can negotiate a discount rate plan with their provider. The lower the rate that you pay equals higher profits.
- Add value for your Guests. Keeping your rates competitive can be a low cost way to add value for your Guests. Little things can make a difference and make your hotel stand out against competing hotels in your area.
- Knock out the other phone competition. Offer long distance telephone rates that make cell phones with their long-distance charges and roaming fees unattractive.
- Consider changing your rates to a flat rate per minute. This type of rate structure makes it easy for your Guests and your staff.
Advertised flat rates that are higher than your cost and lower than cell phones can dramatically increase the long distance usage of your telephone system and can increase both revenue and profits.
March 16, 2015
Genesis Call Accounting, which previously was compatible with ShoreTel telephone systems, has added additional connection methods. Now, Genesis can connect to ShoreTel systems using both a serial interface (which provides all the call data for the day, once a day) or by extracting the call records every minute directly from the ShoreTel's internal SQL database.
This additional connectivity support gives ShoreTel users wanting call tracking the ability to have access to call records in a more timely manner than what is currently available from other solutions. Genesis Call Accounting supports real-time collection from Avaya (& Nortel), Cisco, ShoreTel, and hundreds of other telephone systems, both current and legacy models.