January 16, 2018
Most software includes some form of an annual support option to provide you with periodic updates and access to technical support when the need arises. Subscribe to annual support is not much of a decision for many of us - the software was purchased to fill a void (e.g. business analytics, emergency notification, etc.), and it just needs to work.
We subscribe to annual support so help is there when we need it.
Have you looked closely at your support coverage and terms though? There are always limitations, and the biggest ones may not be obvious until you encounter them. Many will leave you wondering what your support actually covers. We've all been there. A few examples of services and items I've seen other manufacturers charge additional fees for:
- Software installation & re-installation (or moving the software to a new PC)
- Phone equipment changes (e.g. changing or upgrading your phone equipment)
- Software training
- Physical copies of software & updates
Do these not seem like opportunities to up-sell you on services you believed were included with your support in the first place? Since you're under annual support, shouldn't you at least have access to the necessary support so you can continue to use your existing software?
We think so. It's a simple, yet illusive concept, and is one we strongly believe in.
September 4, 2017
The latest software release includes a major appearance update. Users of our web versions will notice this upgrade immediately, which provides easier navigation, reporting updates, and significantly enhanced usability on a variety of devices including tablets, smartphones, and other browser-enabled devices.
Feel free to contact our support office with any questions or concerns you have and we’ll be more than happy to show you around your new software. If you haven't received your upgrade yet feel contact our sales office to find out when you will be receiving it.
Users of Genesis Hosted Solutions are already upgraded this latest version, and have the benefit of always having access to the most current features. With Genesis Hosted Solutions you can expect all the same powerful call analytics, management & exception alerting available in our premises-based solutions, but with greater accessibility and virtually no configuration & ongoing maintenance required on your part. Interested in going hosted? Give sales a call to discuss!
February 16, 2017
Genesis the next Generation of telecom solutions!
Take your hotel guest's experience to the next level.
- Engage your guests with a custom mobile app specific to your hotel
- Advertise, track & increase uptake of hotel amenities and attractions
- Increase uptake of your in-house services & offerings
- Any much, much more...
Call us today for more information!
January 21, 2017
We are very excited to announce our Call Accounting Solution for Avaya IP Office is now Avaya Compliant!
Call Accounting for IP office is the last of our Avaya compatible Call Accounting solutions to complete the testing process. Like the other Genesis Call Accounting solutions, it also includes Call Tracking, Telecom Analytics, Traffic Trends, Cradle to Grave Reporting and much more.
Contact our sales department for details at 888-993-2288.
July 6, 2016
Call Accounting has been one of our top sellers over the last 30 years. With the cost of long distance falling and the introduction of VoIP telephony the telecom industry is rapidly evolving and our customers are changing the way they use it.
The functionality of Call Accounting can be so diverse. Whether your customer is a small hotel looking to track long distance calls or a large corporation verifying a phone call for compliance purposes. If your customer needs something we can give them the solution.
For Example: A large corporate office may spend thousands of dollars a month or year in advertising.
By running some basic reports on the sales phone lines based on area codes you can determine where advertising money is best spent. This will help a company more effectively allocate their advertising budget based on actual incoming sales and interest.
Some other examples of how our current customers are using Call Accounting:
- In assisted living homes we have set up an automatic report to generate based on the patients phone history. If there was no activity on the patients phone in the last 12 hours a staff member is sent out to check on the Patient.
- Basic call centers use Call Accounting to run reports on the activity levels. They can determine the staff usage, and take action where needed.
- Cities & Police Offices use our Call Accounting for investigating compliance issues
- Law offices use the software to substantiate the amount of time spent on the phone with or on behalf of a client.
Along with Call Accounting we offer other software solutions that are suited for a diverse group of customers and their very unique requirements.
November 5, 2015
In hotels and motels, the more often a Guest uses your telephone system to make long distance calls, the more money you make.
The rates that Genesis uses for long distance calls are user configurable and can be changed to virtually any rate that you wish to charge for any type of call.
- Advertise the rates that you charge in your lobby and guest rooms. Guests are more likely to use your phone system if they know what the costs will be.
- Check the rates that you are being charged by your long distance provider. Most hotels can negotiate a discount rate plan with their provider. The lower the rate that you pay equals higher profits.
- Add value for your Guests. Keeping your rates competitive can be a low cost way to add value for your Guests. Little things can make a difference and make your hotel stand out against competing hotels in your area.
- Knock out the other phone competition. Offer long distance telephone rates that make cell phones with their long-distance charges and roaming fees unattractive.
- Consider changing your rates to a flat rate per minute. This type of rate structure makes it easy for your Guests and your staff.
Advertised flat rates that are higher than your cost and lower than cell phones can dramatically increase the long distance usage of your telephone system and can increase both revenue and profits.